This is the post where I share some of the best examples of sustainability initiatives around the world which are being activated through the World Wide Web.
- This UK Based organisation turns food waste into meals for those who are struggling. Feeding those who can’t afford to feed themselves while massively reducing waste. GO FoodCycle
- Feeding beautiful little Piggies with our food waste, I can’t think of a cuter way to reduce food waste.
- Again a British Company, taking Fruit that may not be 100% aesthetically perfect and turning it into delicious (vego-friendly) snacks. Two thumbs up from me!
- A company turning food waste into clean, green, recycled energy to power us through life.
- Encouraging businesses to go green and reduce, reuse and recycle is one of the hardest part of the sustainability movement. But this organisation does this, while clueing up consumers about which restaurants are putting in the hard yards and helping us choose where to spend our hard earned cash.
Hopefully NZ can start catching up with those businesses overseas who are trying their best to reduce food waste.
Featured Image of Pikelet and PattyCakes with their foster babies: sourced from metro.co.uk